Statement by SKP-Kame, Pusaka, etc and the chronology written by Mr. Franky Samperante (FS). (May 17, 2020)
- It is alleged that banana trees that had been planted by the victim were cleared by PT. TSE without prior and proper notice.
- It is alleged that PT. TSE resorted to coercion using a police officer when the victim came to the TSE office to protest the clearing of banana trees.
- The NGO which issued the statement is demanding that the local government conduct investigations into the TSE’s coercive measures using the military and police, and that TSE comply with laws and regulations with respect to residents’ rights.
- Korindo released Korindo Group Statement on May 20, 2020. A multilateral consultative body comprising residents, local governments, local organizations, and NGOs is being formed to conduct an impartial, objective, meticulous, and thorough investigation to find out what exactly happened, and to prevent future recurrence.
- Papua’s Representative of the Indonesian National Commission on Human Rights(Komnas HAM) sent a letter to PT. Tunas Sawa Erma dated June 2, 2020, referring to Clarification Request and we responded to the letter on June 10, 2020.
We welcome and agree the investigation of Papua’s Representative of the Indonesian National Commission on Human Rights. We hope that the investigation will not only be limited to asking for clarification, but also conduct in-depth and thorough investigation on the death of Mr. Marius Tigamirop by involving the relevant parties to provide fair, objective, meticulous, and thorough report on the incident.
During the investigation process carried out by the Papua’s Representative of the Indonesian National Commission on Human Rights, the formation of the Multilateral Consultative Body will be temporarily discontinued to not influence the investigation process.
Based on the Papua’s Representative of the Indonesian National Commission on Human Rights’ investigation results and recommendations, we will discuss the right steps to be taken in the future with relevant parties.